Meet Dr. Chandler
Doctor Clay Steven Chandler was born and raised in Monroe, Louisiana. He attended Louisiana State University for undergraduate degree in microbiology. He then went on to study dentistry in New Orleans at Louisiana State University School of Dentistry. After obtaining a Doctorate Degree in Dentistry he attended Louisiana State University School of Medicine graduating with a Doctorate Degree in Medicine. While in New Orleans, he trained for 6 years after dental school in a residency for Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery.
He moved to Baton Rouge, LA after residency and joined a private practice firm of Oral Surgeons practicing there for two years. He also served as associate clinical staff with LSU Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Department teaching residents at Earl K Long Memorial Hospital and Our Lady of the Lake Regional Medical Center. Doctor Chandler is married to a native of Acadiana and after their third child they decided to move closer to home. He joined Lafayette Oral Surgery in 2011. He is currently on staff at Our Lady of Lourdes and The Surgery Center Outpatient Surgical Facility in Lafayette.
Doctor Chandler is licensed to practice dentistry and medicine but his focus is Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery which is combination of both Dentistry and Medicine. While he was trained in all facets of Oral Surgery, Doctor Chandler primarily focuses his practice to Dental Implants, Wisdom Teeth removal, Dental and Maxillofacial Reconstruction, and Jaw and Dental Repositioning Surgery.
- Residency: Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Internship 2003-2004
- General Surgery Internship 2006-2007
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Resident 2007-2008
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Chief Resident 2008-2009
- Medical School: Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center in New Orleans 2003-2006
- Dental School: Louisiana State University School of Dentistry in New Orleans 1999-2003
- Undergraduate: Louisiana State University in Baton Rouge 1992-1997
- Dental 2003
- Medicine 2006
- February, 2002 –Present: Prospective Evaluation of Immediate Provisional Single Tooth Molar and Premolar Implant Restorations, under primary investigator Michael Block, DMD.
- February, 2002 – Present: Prospective Evaluation of Single Tooth Implants in the Anterior Maxilla, Placed into Edentulous Sites without Previous Grafting, under primary investigator Michael Block, DMD. Abstract presented at the American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons conference in October 2002.
- Computed tomography-guided surgery: complications associated with scanning, processing, surgery, and prosthetics. Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. 2009 Nov; 67(11 Suppl):13-22.
- Fellow in the American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Diplomate in the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Member of the Louisiana State Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Member of the American Dental Association
- Member of the Louisiana Dental Association
- Member of the Acadiana District Dental Association